As we age, it’s only natural that our skin gets a little dryer and less luminous. Wrinkles begin to form at the corners of our eyes and mouth. It’s to be expected. But you don’t have to sit back and let Mother Nature have her way with your skin. In addition to your regular skincare regimen, you can also partake in skin exfoliation in Elizabethtown, PA.
As we go about our day-to-day lives, our skin is continuously building fresh cells and pushing the dead ones to the surface. As kids, our bodies cast off these dead skin cells, exposing the new ones, and keeping our skin looking bright and soft. The older you get, the less often your body gets rid of these dead cells. The result is wrinkled, dry, pallid skin.
Exfoliation removes this top layer of dead skin and reveals your fresh skin cells for the world to see. There are tons of benefits to scheduling regular sessions of skin exfoliation in Elizabethtown, PA:
· Chemical exfoliants: Often referred to as a chemical peel, chemical exfoliants use acids and enzymes that latch on to the lipids in the outermost level of your skin and dissolve them, exposing the fresh skin cells underneath.
· Physical exfoliants: Physical exfoliants use rough materials to brush away dead skin cells, much like sandpaper smoothing a piece of wood (for lack of a more eloquent comparison).
· Soften age spots: Some dead cells on the surface of your skin contain a brownish color that appears on your face and hands as age spots. Exfoliation brushes off these skin cells, fading age spots.
· Revitalize your pores: By removing the top layer of skin cells, you’ll unclog your pores. Not only will this remove minute bacteria from your face, but it will also unclog your pores, allowing them to shrink in size and release natural, healthy oils onto your skin.
· Make moisturizers more effective: Once your pores are unclogged, you may find that your moisturizing routine is more effective. Since they’re clear, your pores will soak up the positive effects of lotions, antioxidants and so much more.
· Minimize scars: For those people with visible scars that make them self-conscious, skin exfoliation may help by fading the red skin and making scars less apparent.
· Lessen fine lines: Your fresh skin will reflect light much better than before, which will make fine lines and wrinkles appear less severe when you’re out and about.
Your skincare experts
At Town & Country Salon, our estheticians are thoroughly trained in every type of skin exfoliation in Elizabethtown, PA. From anti-aging facials to dermaplaning to chemical peels, our talented staff will have you looking your best in no time.
Once your skin is healthy and glowing once more, you can take advantage of our wide variety of additional services. We offer haircuts for men, women and children, plus facial waxing, Brazilian blowouts, hair extensions and so much more.
There’s a reason why Town & Country Salon is one of the area’s most beloved salons. Now it’s time for you to find out why. Give us a call to schedule an appointment today!