With 2020 approaching, you might be looking to start the new year off with a brand-new look. If changing your hair color is a part of your makeover goals, why not start with some of the season’s cutting-edge hair color trends? You might have spotted a great color from your favorite Instagram influencer and want to know what to ask for, or maybe you just want an overview of what’s bound to be hot in the coming year.
Here are some of our favorite hair color trends in Elizabethtown, PA:
- Faded/washed pastels: Maybe they’re not “faded” so much as a light wash of fantasy color, but whatever you call them, they’re hot right now. This subtle look is great for those with naturally or chemically-altered light blonde hair.
- Cool brunette: Cool brunette is an ashy or neutral shade that can work on anyone, provided that they pick the right tone. Warm-toned clients need an ashy color, whereas olive-skinned people should opt for a true neutral.
- Dirty brunette and dark blonde: These are close to the same shade, with a difference in tone: dirty brunette is a smoky, warm or neutral brown with gold pieces throughout, whereas dark blonde (think Jennifer Aniston’s recent look) is warm brown with gold pieces. Both are flattering on a number of different skin colors and tones, and offer a more natural way to spice up your look.
- Pantone’s Living Coral: Living Coral was Pantone’s Color of the Year for 2019, and even Julia Roberts got in on the action. It’s a bright, peachy shade that bridges red and blonde hair beautifully.
- Antique gold: Antique gold is achieved by combining cool and warm blonde tones to make a lustrous color similar to old, burnished gold. The platinum and silver trend is waning, and this slightly warmer, super-glamorous look is sure to take its place in 2020.
- Dusty copper: Bright red hair is gorgeous, but if you’re afraid it might be “too much,” try dusty copper. It’s still red, but muted, as if you had sprayed some dry shampoo in your hair. It will work well from winter well into spring, so if you’re feeling a little fiery, give this shade a try.
- Blackberry: Blackberry hair has been popular for a couple of years now, and with good reason—this dark blue-purple shade has plenty of dimension while still appearing brunette at first glance. It’s perfect for dark-haired clients, and when you want a fun fantasy color without the hassle of roots. You’ll still need basic color-depositing upkeep, but we think it’s worth it.
Stay on top of hair color trends in Elizabethtown, PA
What is a trendy hair color these days? When you need help figuring out which trending hair color is right for you, visit Town & Country Salon in Elizabethtown, PA. We can help you pick the perfect color and style to ring in the new year. Plus, we offer cuts, facials, extensions and more. Get in touch with us today to schedule your appointment!